Sunday, June 22, 2008

Autumn, I heart thee.





Now that October is upon us, this hippie is even happier than usual. Why, you ask? Because the time has come to bust out those pieces of my wardrobe that I couldn't use during the repugnant summer months.

While I detest bone-chillingly frigid weather, I adore the crisp, clean air of the fall and the ability to wear layers again. Aside from the color-changing of the foliage and the final (at last!) break from the humidity, autumn is my favorite time of year to get dressed. While summer requires a degree of minimalism, and winter requires about 10 pounds of gear just to prevent frostbite, autumn is that perfect, happy medium.

To add to my excitement for autumn ensembles, various street fashion blogs are just chock full of layer-clad beauties for inspiration.




Credit: Face Hunter, The Commodified, street fancy

No comments: