Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Isn’t Blingier Better?



DiamondAccording to this article on AOL, sparklier diamonds are often actually fakes (especially with a rainbow sparkle). And then I think, “then give me the fake!” What I want especially out of my engagement ring (or any diamond) someday is such a brilliant cut, etc., that it's as sparkley as can be. So why is genuine always better?


Can an inspired BAG be better than the higher priced originals? I once though I liked my Birkin-style bag from Wilson's Leather because it had shoulder straps (like the JPG Shoulder Birkin) but now I think, “eww, long straps!” (To be fair, they weren't, like, down at my hip long or anything!) So maybe the experts always know what's best for us, even if we do not? I mean, higher quality (if it exists in higher price - but that's another entry) usually means longer life. Diamonds may NOT be “forever” but they can cut up a mean amount of things, while remaining in tact. While I want my true love to be gentler than that, I want our feelings toward each other to be just as tough to trials and time. Genuine diamonds DO kind of give that statement.


Of course, they also give the statement, “I don't care who's blood shed for your diamond, honey, I love you so much, I just care about you having your selfish bling!”


What says love like the uncaring of all others, huh? ;-)


I snark, I snark. Seriously, what do you think?


Stay tuned, for in a few days I'll feature some obviously fake, but totally fun, bling. (I promise, for I made such a ring myself, and how can I resist the publicity?)



No comments: