Sunday, May 11, 2008

B.A. To L.A.




Hola! After a long flight from Buenos Aires to Houston and then to Los Angeles, I am back home from Argentina. I took over 300 photos during my short stay in Buenos Aires, and many of them are store window photos. Having spent many hours shopping at various malls and stores, my advice for shopaholics traveling to Buenos Aires is to head straight to the Plaza Serrano area in Palermo for the best fashion boutiques and home furnishings stores. If you're into leather goods, then the very touristy Calle Florida with its pushy vendors and the Galerias Pacifico mall may appeal to you. My shopping strategy on this trip was to find things that are not widely available in the U.S. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to check out the San Temo antiques market or any of the antique stores in the San Telmo neighborhood. However, I was impressed by the large selection of Argentine designers and labels in the malls, and also by the creative and colorful window displays in many of the stores. Expect to see many photos in the coming days!


No comments: